Ryan talked facilely of what “science” says in this case. But what real science has to tell us, of course, very different; it says that life has no neat on and off, that while life may in some sense begin at conception, the moment when the formed consciousness that distinguishes human life from bean life arises is a very different question, not reducible to a dogma or a simple claim. A bean isn’t a baby; a baby was once a bean, and between those two truths it is, or ought to be, every woman for herself.
— Adam Gopnik, Of Babies and Beans: Paul Ryan on Abortion
- doinky said: Dunno. Being pro choice doesnt make it any less wrong. We all know, deep down, that it is.
- waxeygordon reblogged this from thebronzemedal
- acceptanceworld likes this
- yumwatch likes this
- elspenny likes this
- carpentrix likes this
- anniewerner likes this
- kanonenvogel reblogged this from thebronzemedal
- invisiblebee likes this
- okcallmegoddess likes this
- thebronzemedal posted this