I get why everyone is upset about Chik-fil-a. And I agree, it is upsetting.
What I don’t get is why people think posting about it over and over is an effective approach. I think it’s kinda lame. I get raising awareness. I got that in the first five posts about Chik-fil-a. But if you’re really that upset, please tell me what you’re doing besides sitting in your comfy cozy apartment on your laptop writing about how upset you are. Remember old school civil rights activism? Picketing on the front line? Marching? Petitions? Posting on your tumblr over and over? I mean come on. Is that all you’ve got? Sounds like self-indulgent ranting to me.
Wait, so you’re saying that history textbooks in 2030 WON’T be filled with pictures of bloggers sitting at their computers, fighting social injustices with each post? My whole vision of the future is ruined…
- aversecontrol likes this
- minusmanhattan likes this
- planetickets likes this
- barretta likes this
- buzz likes this
- joshuathehutt reblogged this from thebronzemedal and added:
- thebronzemedal likes this
- mintymouse likes this
- biteofpythias said: self-indulgent ranting is the best kind of ranting.
- winstonwolfe said: yup.
- peternyc said: Tweeting anti chik fil a is about as effective as buying a sandwich for traditional marriage. Everyone looks like idiots. Go run for congress and pass some bills.
- sonofabatman likes this